Yoga and Body Image Coalition Call for InternsJuly 27, 2016
Who We Are
Our coalition is committed to body-acceptance by developing, promoting and supporting yoga that is accessible, body positive and reflects the full range of human diversity. Our mission not only advocates yoga as an essential tool in personal transformation, from the inside out, but also includes a critical social justice component by challenging industry leaders and media creators to expand their vision of what a yogi looks like.
What We Need
We are seeking passionate, organized and self-motivated individuals who want to support this important cause.
We are currently seeking two interns and responsibilities are as follows:
- Draft monthly newsletters to subscribers and YBIC community partners
- Interface regularly with YBIC members and partners to stay informed about upcoming events
- Update events page on the YBIC website
- Take minutes during monthly Leadership Team conference calls
Social Media Intern (working with Natalie Cummings)
- Crosspost FB shares to IG. Edit text to IG format, tag appropriately.
- Like and comment on YBIC members’ posts. Find relevant content from members to share.
- Like and comment on outside FB posts on behalf of the YBIC.
- Search notifications to find posts where we are mentioned, if in line with the YBIC, like and say “thank you” for sharing.
- Like, comment or reply on YBIC FB & IG post threads and search our hashtags for relevant content to repost.
- Highlight YBIC tee shares.
Interns must be available for 10 hrs per week, and be well versed with google (mail, calendar, drive, etc.)
We are looking for interns who are able to commit to a 6 – 12 month assignment.
If you are interested in contributing to the YBIC and your skill set matches these opportunities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 5